Hey guys! Join me on my many adventures!
Being a student at NYU requires one to not only dress well but be extremely efficient with their time. Our days are fast paced and as they say time is money. However, you shouldn’t have to give up good food or eat out everyday. This 30 minute recipe is not only quick and easy but delicious.
You will need:
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1¼ pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 14 oz can of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ½ pound of penne pasta
- 2 cups of freshly shredded real parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Start by cutting chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces. Season with ½ a teaspoon of kosher salt and a few turns of pepper.
- Brown chicken in olive oil over medium high heat.
- It does not need to be cooked through at this point, it will continue cooking as it simmers.
- Once chicken is browned, add minced garlic and saute for about one minute.
- Add chicken broth, cream, and uncooked pasta to pan and stir.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed!
My best friends are an extraordinary group of people. They are all so different, yet so much alike. Some friendships I’ve had for years, some are new and growing stronger by the day. Either way, there are some things they all do for every day that I forget to thank them for. I feel like it’s about time to start, because without them, I wouldn’t be who I am today.
1. Thank you for being there not just when it’s convenient for you, but when it’s not. I know that I can call you at 2am and you’ll come running to my side. We all have our own things to deal with and adjustments to make, but you always take a break from your hectic life to make sure that I’m okay. When I need a shoulder to cry on, I know yours is always…
View original post 701 more words
This weekend included a fair amount of adventures. One of my first stops of Joe Fresh on 5th Avenue where I picked up a new bikini top and adorable floppy hat for my upcoming Miami trip.
I am absolutely obsessed with this hat. My shopping trip also led me to this cute little boutique where I purchased a pair of sunglasses and some costume jewelry. I would have to say this made my Friday pretty successful. However, this is what really made it a great day: Jewels by Jar.
If you have not gone to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to see this fabulous exhibit yet, I would strongly encourage it because not only are these pieces astronomically beautiful but just looking at pictures of them online really doesn’t do them justice. When I saw that this exhibit had made its way to NYC, I was really excited I browsed through ever single photo online. Yet, when I saw these jewels in person I was even more amazed by the detail and beauty of these pieces. This exhibit is a must see! I am not going to lie, I fell in love many many times while viewing this exhibit.
I also ventured out for dinner this Saturday night and finally went to Vapianos. From looking at this restaurant from the outside, you can already sense the amazing ambiance of the place however I was surprised by the cafeteria style serving. Instead of sitting at a table and being served you are to go “watch your meal be made” and after you find your own table. This was the only con I found at Vapianos. When I go out for dinner, it is to be relaxed and have other people serve me, not to have to get my food myself and search for a table (it was pretty crowded). However, when I tasted my Scampi e Spinaci I was immediately satisfied. It was delicious! With that said, Vapianos may not be the best place for a date, but is awesome when you go with a group of friends.
Let me know what you think of Jewels by Jar and your favorite dish at Vapianos!